WhatsApp banking is a new feature that allows potential customers to perform basic financial transactions and give an alternative channel for banks to provide services in real-time.
In Nigeria, four banks have extended their services to the 1 billion user-strong messaging platform, WhatsApp – United Bank for Africa (UBA), Guaranty Trust Bank (GTB), Access Bank and First Bank.
1. First Bank
To enjoy this service, add the First Bank number 08124444000 on your Whatsapp
Transactions you can perform via FBN WhatsApp banking:
- Check account balance and request mini bank statement
- Funds transfer
- Airtime and internet data purchases,
- Pay bills and utilities
- Merchants payment
2. Guaranty Trust Bank (GTB)
For GTBank, customers can join by dialing a code *737*17# to Opt-In and enable WhatsApp Banking.
Transactions you can perform via GTB WhatsApp banking:
- Buy airtime and data
- Banking transfer to GTB and other banks
- Check account balance and perform card-less withdrawal
- Apply for salary advance and loan among others.
3. United Bank For Africa (UBA) WhatsApp banking a.k.a. LEO
Customers can use this service by adding LEO WhastsApp Number (+234 903 000 2455) on their Whatsapp
Transactions you can perform via UBA WhatsApp banking:
- Fund transfer
- Checking of bank statement
- Account balance
- Opening an account.
4. Access Bank WhatsApp banking
Just like other banks, customer need to add the Access Bank WhatsApp banking service number 09090901901 on Whatsapp.
Transactions you can perform via Access Bank WhatsApp banking:
- BVN display
- Balance Enquiry
- Request Payday Loan
- Account Opening.